Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Backyard Sprinkler Ideas
I don't know about you, but sometimes a trip to the pool can sound just plain exhausting. When days are hot and you want to save yourself a drive a backyard sprinkler can make a great substitute for swimming. Here are some creative ideas from around the web for making your backyard sprinkler extra fun.
1. Savy Mom explains the rules for Musical Freeze Sprinkler as well as some other fun ideas for a backyard sprinkler party.
2. Kristy Makes shows you how to make a homemade sprinkler out of a hose, a soda bottle, and duct tape.
3. Swinging through the sprinkler on a tire swing like they did over at The Unconventional Doctor's Wife is a great idea!
4. If you are feeling ambitious, you can make some pretty neat homemade sprinklers out of pvc pipe. This model would be pretty fun to ride through on a tricycle.
5. ok, so I haven't heard anyone talk about this as a toy, but Amazon sells a pretty highly rated motion sensor sprinker. It's intended purpose is for scaring away neighborhood pets, garden pests, but would your kids not have fun playing with something like that?
6. Make a fun homemade slide with a clear visqueen, a sprinkler, duct tape, grommets, and some dish soap.