This activity would work for working on any type of "distinguishing characters skill) (capital and lower case, numbers and letters, etc)
1. Write a selection of upper and lower case letters on a sheet of blank sticker paper. Space the letters fairly far apart.
2. Cut out around the consonants in the shape of flower petals; cut around the vowels as circles (flower centers)
3. Peel off the adhesive backs and place on a sheet of wax paper (or a pocket protector as we did)
4. Instruct your preschooler to color all of the vowels yellow. Then, when the centers are colored, have your child to color the petals other bright colors.
5. Allow your child to peel off the stickers and arrange them in flower shapes on a regular piece of paper. (Youl'll notice that I should have made many more consonants- the flowers ended up a little skimpy because of it, but we were in a hurry :-)