Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Toddler Shoe Games
These ideas are modified from I can teach my child!
1. Throw a big pile of shoes in the middle of the floor (not too hard for us because our shoes all mostly live in a heap just inside our door anyway)
2. Make sure they all have matches. (If you have a young toddler you might want to limit the number of pairs to 3 or 4)
3. Take one of the shoes in your hand, show it to your toddler and ask "Can you find the other one?"
4. When she/he finds each match, help her to line them up together as pairs on the floor.
1. Find one empty laundry basket for each member of your family. Line them up against the wall, and label each with the name of a family member.
2. With the shoes still all lined up in pairs, point to one of the baskets and say "This is [Mommy's] basket. Can you find some of mommy's shoes?"
4. Continue until all shoes have a home.