Here's a simple idea for Grandparents' Day:
1. Take front and back shots of your child.
2. Print the pictures in wallet size.
3. Cut out the figures and glue stick onto a thin, folded strip of cardstock.
4. Use one small piece of adhesive magnet on each of the insides of the strip.
Voila! A cute, magnetic bookmark!
This project wasn't quite as simple as I had anticipated at the beginning.
Here are two things that made it trickier:
1. Getting front and back photos of the girls where their limbs weren't flailing and they weren't bending over half-way to the ground...maybe your kids will be more cooperative :-)
2. Magnets don't always stick to one another head-on. I don't understand the science behind this, but I really had to fiddle with the positions of the magnets to get them to stick.