Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Wipes Container Scavenger Hunt
The other day it occurred to me that the Huggies wipes container openings are just the right size for little hands. If you have a couple of empty wipes containers laying around you can use them to make a fun little road trip (or waiting room) scavenger hunt game.
1. Fill each container with small, familiar objects. (clothes pin, coins, walnut, baby sock, etc) Each container should have the very same items.
2. Write down the items you put in so you don't forget.
3. Give one container to each child.
4. When everyone is ready, call out the name of an item in the box.
5. Without peeking (it's actually kind of difficult to peek) each child feels around in their box and tries to be the first to retrieve the named object.
Works for me Wednesday!