1. It allowed M and G to give the gift of time and service instead of their parents' money.
2. The bath fizzies really are a fun gift to receive (unlike, say a picture, which may not be very exciting for the receiver)
3. Bath fizzies get used up and don't add to the toy clutter problem so many families have.
Things that weren't as wonderful:
1. Citric acid can be a bit difficult to find. (It is sometimes sold for canning, and can be found at Central Market for any interested Austin readers)
2. They take a long time to make. You have to moisten the mixture slowly with a spray bottle so that it doesn't fizz while you're doing it. Martha Stewart's website warned that spritzing could take quite a while, and it DID. We spritzed for about 35 minutes before it was ready to pack into the trays.
What are some other child-made gifts you have enjoyed giving?