Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Making Our Kitchen Smell Like Delicious Fall
1. The wonderful, cozy autumn smell in our house as we baked them
2. The fun the girls had in making them
3. The delicious, crispy crust and warm, sweet gooeyness inside
All in all a great (and easy) fall project!
pie crust (I made my own because I'm cheap, but store-bought would be an easy alternative)
egg white (optional for making a shiny glaze on the outside)
What To Do:
1. Peel and core some apples.
2. Place each apple on a swatch of pie crust big enough to wrap the apple.
3. Let each child stuff their apple with bits of cold butter and cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake on a greased, tin foiled baking sheet at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Yum! Like tasty little apple pies! My husband loved them too!