I was going to write today about our thankful tree plans for this year, but I'm afraid time has gotten away from me this afternoon, and I don't have a picture ready to go with it.
Instead, I'll just show you what we did this morning for G's school time.
1. Six sticky notes lined up and numbered one through six.
2. Six more sticky notes- each with a letter of G's name spread out randomly on the table.
3. We sang the silly little song I made up to help G remember how to spell her name. As we sang each letter, I asked her to find the corresponding sticky note.
4. I instructed G to put the sticky note letter on the correct numbered sticky note.
It was good practice for practice for G with:
- spelling her name
- identifying upper and lower case letters
What other activities have you tried to help your child learn how to spell his name?