Thursday, September 29, 2011
My Mom's Super Yummy Rice Pudding Recipe
It really is absolute comfort food deliciousness. I'm probably biased, but I've never had another recipe for rice pudding that I think even comes close. I think the difference is that this rice pudding is really custardy.
I hardly ever post recipes, but this one really is special- besides, it is dirt cheap to make, and you probably have all the ingredients already.
Custardy Rice Pudding
4 cups milk
1 cup sugar (actually I put in slightly less)
1/2 stick butter
1 1/4 cup long grain rice
2 1/2 teasp vanilla
1. Combine milk, 2 cups water, sugar, and butter in a large pan. Combine and heat to a boil.
2. Add rice, stir, and cook until thick and rice is tender.
3. Beat the 2 eggs with enough water to make 1 cup liquid.
4. Remove pudding from heat; add egg mixture, and heat to a boil.
5. Stir in vanilla. Pour into ungreased pan, cover liberally with cinnamon, and chill in refrigerator for several hours. (well, ok- you can have a little while it's still warm too)
You can also feel free to pour on a drizzle or two of half and half if you like that sort of thing.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I've been wanting to try making rice pudding at home. This one sounds like a good one to try.
Post a Comment